Thursday 28 February 2008

Talk to me

I have recently been working with a client who is taking on a new team, and one of the key things she identified that she needed to do for them was to let them know how she likes to be communicated with.

Sounds obvious doesn't it. But so often we concentrate on learning how our new team needs use to communicate with them we sometimes forget to help them to communicate with us.

I once has a manager who I really struggled to communicate with for a long time. We were both very willing to understand each other but often sat together with slightly puzzled looks on our faces. It was only when I realised that he was a big fan of mind maps and got myself the software that we had a breakthrough and never looked back.

Do you know how you like to be communicated with and have you let your team know?

No comments: